Like Tammy (and Atwell ) I also enjoy more of a casual, at home feel in the classroom. I would love to have tables instead of these big, burly desks!!! The kids love my bean bags and chairs - they actually rush to be the first one to get them when it's time for independent reading!! I will continue to make my room a "comfy, inviting" room! I love how Tricia's room has the Christmas lights hung around the ceiling!!! Might have to steal that idea!!!
I like Atwell's idea of the letter-essays...I think it would be another good way to allow kids to share their experiences from the book and hold them accountable - besides just using the status checks. This is an idea I will definitely keep in mind to use next year!
I was happy to see Atwell give ideas for some open-ended questions to ask to students when I "chatted" with them! I will use these as well...it will make my time with them more valuable for me and them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment