Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Booktalking - chapter 6 response

I am just this year starting to dabble with book talks. Gina came in and modeled for my class what a book talk might look like and my students had mixed reviews...however, I can see the benefit of them! I actually plan to introduce book talks at the beginning of the year next year, so that they become a part of our classroom structure and routine. I think it might help students as well (starting them from the beginning of the year.)
I like the idea of the student's keeping a list of books - maybe in their notebooks - of titles they might wish to read, once they've heard the booktalks.
I am also hoping that next year, when I implement more book-talks, to create some sort of the "books we love" display. I think this is also a great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment