Sunday, February 21, 2010
Chapter 2 Response
One of the most beneficial pieces of information from chapter 2 was the "top ten school conditions" that Atwell's students stated made them most engaged during reading. While I'm happy to see that I am implementing some of these conditions, I know that I could improve. Two particular conditions I could improve on involve "comfort during in-class reading time" and "individuals' conversations with the teacher about their reading". I try to provide a comfortable classroom during reading by dimming the lights and playing soft music in the background; however, my room is sincerely only large enough for one bean bag chair and one body pillow. I wish I could provide more comfy furniture to create more of a relaxing environment. In regards to the conversations surrounding students' books, I need to improve. I feel like so often my time during S.S.R. (reading zone, essentially) involves taking attendance, catching students up on missing assignments if they were absent, and conferencing over other classroom assignments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment